CalAmp Vision is a video-telematics solution that includes a camera device (with one lens facing the road and the other facing the driver) in your vehicles that will return video files to CalAmp you can view within the software. To see an asset's recently recorded video events, go to the first section below; to view past videos, see the second section, "Viewing Past Video Events."
Note: For more information about CalAmp Vision, go to What Can You Expect with CalAmp Vision?.
Viewing Recent Video Events
To see a recent video capture (from the past 24 hours), follow these steps:
Note: Go to the "Viewing Past Video Events" section below to see how to find a video from a past time frame. For details on how to request a video capture for a specific date and time, check out Vision Video Requests: Submitting a Request and Viewing the Produced Video.
- Track the asset on the Tracking screen, as shown in Tracking a Group or Asset.
- Open the vehicle's Asset Details pane by clicking its name on its card in the asset list or in the asset grid.
If the vehicle has a camera device, one section of the Asset Details pane will be labeled "Vision."
The Vision pane may already be expanded.
- If not, click its expansion arrow.
A list of the vehicle's recently recorded video events will be displayed. The latest video will be treated as a featured event, larger than the others and displayed on top.
- To play the featured event capture, hover over its image or click at its bottom left.
- To view the featured video in a larger window, click at its bottom right.
The Vision window will appear.
- Click to play the video.
You can click to pause the playback.
You can click and drag the slider forward or backward to move through the capture.
To play the video full screen, click .
Note: You can ignore the audio option for now, as audio isn't available for the videos.
- When you are finished viewing the capture, click Close.
- You can open other videos in the Vision pane by clicking their thumbnail.
- You can click View More at the bottom of the list to load more videos.
Viewing Past Video Events
To watch a video from a past time period, follow these steps:
- Map the vehicle's history of activity for the specific date range, as shown in Mapping Asset History.
- In the Asset History grid, expand the trip containing the video event you want to watch.
- Scroll to the capture event's row.
Note: If a Vision video is available for the event, will appear in the Vision column.
- Click in the event's row.
The Vision window will display the video for the date and time.
- Follow steps 6 and 7 in the preceding section.
Note: Again, to see how to request a video capture for a specific date and time, go to Vision Video Requests: Submitting a Request and Viewing the Produced Video.