To edit a device, follow these steps:
Note: The Edit Device dialog box is different for a cargo-monitoring (supply-chain) device; if that's the type you need to update, go to Editing a Cargo-Monitoring Device.
- In the sidebar menu on the left, click .
- Click Devices on the flyout menu that appears.
The Admin - Devices screen will appear.
Note: All your devices have already been added to the application by CalAmp.
- If the device is in a subgroup of the one you have selected in the Group Chooser, make sure that View Subgroups is selected at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down to the device you need to modify or search for it as shown in Searching for Devices.
- In the row of the device, click at the far right.
- Click Edit Device.
Note: You can edit multiple devices by selecting their check boxes and then clicking Edit in the options row that will appear at the top of the grid; however, you will only be able to update fields they have in common, such as their group assignment or status.
The Edit Device dialog box will appear.
- To change the name of the device, select the text in the Device Name field and type the new one.
Caution: It is NOT recommended to change a device name after it's been in service and tracked by the CalAmp application if you want to continue to track it. This can cause confusion when mapping history.
- If you would like to place the device in a different group, click the Group drop-down arrow and select the new group from the list.
- Normally, you will leave the Status field set to Enabled.
Note: A very few CalAmp customers have a setup in which devices can be disabled to prevent the device's use (for example, if their customers have ceased payment). If that's the situation you are looking at, you can click the Status drop-down arrow and select Disabled or Suspended.
- If the device is connected to a spreader's control unit via a serial cable, click the Spreader drop-down arrow (under Peripherals) and select the type of spreader from the list.
Caution: There is much more to tracking spreader data in the CalAmp application! Make sure to read the Using Spreader Controller and Plow Data article for more information.
- Click Done.
Your edits will appear in the Admin - Devices grid.
Also, a success message will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Click OK to dismiss it. (Or you can wait a few seconds, and it will automatically close.)