Using the CalAmp Maintenance module, you can keep track of when maintenance is due for your assets, via service schedules you can configure to your needs. A service schedule is an entire set of repairs and other vehicle upkeep tasks for a single type of vehicle, such as a light-duty truck or, even more specifically, a make and model, such as a Mack TerraPro.
Caution: Be aware that creating a service schedule is only one step in the process of monitoring the required maintenance for your vehicles. In order for the Maintenance module to work, you must complete all the steps of the article The Process of Creating a Service Schedule.
In fact, adding a service schedule is only the fourth step of this procedure.
To create a new service schedule, follow these steps:
- In the sidebar menu on the left, click .
- Click Maintenance on the flyout menu that appears.
- If necessary, click the Service Schedules tab at the top left. (This will be needed only if you were previously on the Service Items tab during your current CalAmp session.)
The Admin - Maintenance Schedules screen will appear.
- Click Add New at the top right of the screen.
The Add Service Schedule dialog box will appear.
- In the Name field, type what type of asset this service schedule covers — such as Wheelchair-Accessible Vans or Ford Starcraft.
By default, the group you currently have selected in the Group Chooser will be set for the group to add the service schedule to.
- If you would like to place it in a different group, click the Group drop-down arrow and select the group from the list.
Note: You should assign the schedule to the same group in which you placed the service items it requires. Assets must also be in the same group, or in a child group, in order to have the schedule associated with them.
If you would like to be able to apply a service schedule to assets throughout your group structure, you can place it and its service items in your top-level group.
- In the Description field, type a more complete explanation of the schedule's purpose (such as "All the services needed for our wheelchair-accessible vans").
- Click the Asset Type drop-down arrow and select the type of asset your schedule applies to, such as Vehicle.
Note: If you specify an asset type and/or asset category, only assets of that type and/or category will be able to be assigned to the maintenance schedule.
- If your organization has designated categories, click the Asset Category drop-down arrow and select the category of asset for the schedule, such as Light-Duty Truck.
- Click the Add Service drop-down arrow and select the first service item to add to the schedule.
Note: The service items listed will be those that are available for the group to which you have assigned the schedule. (See Adding a Service Item for details on creating a new item.)
- Repeat step 10 for all the service items you need for the service schedule.
All the items you added will appear in the Add Service box.
- Click Done.
Your new service schedule will appear in the grid (if you are viewing its group, or a parent group with View Subgroups selected).
Also, a success message will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Click OK to dismiss it. (Or you can wait a few seconds, and it will automatically close.)
WARNING: You are NOT done with your service schedule! In fact, it will do nothing except exist if you stop at this point.
In order for your service schedule to keep track of maintenance for your vehicles, you must assign it to the assets it applies to, as shown in Assigning a Service Schedule to Assets.