To add an individual driver to your CalAmp account, follow these steps:
Note: For details on how to add several drivers at once, see Importing Drivers.
- In the sidebar menu on the left, click .
- Click Drivers on the flyout menu that appears.
The Admin - Drivers screen will appear.
- Click Add New at the top right of the screen.
The Add Driver dialog box will appear.
- Type the driver's first name in the First Name field.
- Type their last name in the Last Name field.
- If your organization uses aliases as a secondary identifier for your drivers, type the one for this driver in the Alias field.
By default, the group you currently have selected in the Group Chooser will be set for the group to assign the driver to.
- If you would like to place them in a different group, click the Group drop-down arrow and select the group from the list.
- Type the driver's badge number (such as their employee ID or RFID number) in the Badge/Fob ID field.
- Leave the Driver Status field at its default value of Enabled.
Note: The Disabled and Suspended options will make the operator unable to be assigned to a vehicle asset, but this won't likely be necessary when you are adding a new driver.
- If needed, click the Operator Type drop-down arrow and select their type.
Note: The types listed will be those that are available for the group you have placed the driver in.
- If your organization has created driver categories, click the Operator Category drop-down arrow and select the category the driver belongs to, such as Assisted-Living Driver.
Note: As with types, the categories listed will be those that are available for the driver's group.
- Type the driver's cell phone number in the Phone Number (Mobile) field.
- If the driver has a specified set of days and hours they are supposed to work, click the Schedule drop-down arrow and select the name of the schedule.
Note: This feature is designed to work in coordination with the Unauthorized Usage reports, which show when drivers drove vehicles in a time window that was not permitted (for example, outside of their assigned schedule of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.). You can also set up an alert that will notify you of such prohibited use by applying the driver's schedule to the alert and selecting Outside Schedule in the Schedule Reference drop-down list, which will trigger the notification when the specified event occurs at any time that is not included in the approved work hours. (See Adding an Unauthorized Usage Notification for details.)
You will only be able to apply schedules in the same group as the driver (or a schedule from a parent group that is inheritable).
- Click Done.
Your new driver will appear in the Admin - Drivers list, and a success message will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Click OK to dismiss it. (Or you can wait a few seconds, and it will automatically close.)
Note: To see how to assign the driver to the vehicle they drive most often, go to Assigning Entities to an Asset.