CHANGING OUR SOFTWARE NAME
The platform formerly known as iOn will now be called the CalAmp application.
FINE-TUNING DISTANCE CALCULATIONS
We have improved how the application calculates distances. These calculations in part rely on reference odometer and elected odometer settings that are input during installation or hardware migration. Now, the application will better accommodate incorrect or outdated settings for these parameters, which will result in more accurate distance calculations and therefore enhanced asset, vehicle, trip, and driver metrics data.
LABELING CARGO ASSETS AND DEVICES
For our cargo-tracking (supply-chain) customers, on the Tracking screen, we added labels to accompany the icons for cargo assets and devices so that you can clearly identify them on the map.
CONFIGURING CARGO-MONITORING NOTIFICATIONS
Also for our cargo-tracking customers, we have added three new notification types:
- Tag Environmental Sensor Breach: Alerts you when a tag’s temperature or humidity sensor’s threshold has been breached.
- Gateway Environmental Sensor Breach: Notifies you when a temperature, light, shock, or tilt sensor’s threshold has been breached.
- Gateway Stationary Alert: Sends you a notification if the device has been stationary for a longer period of time than expected.
EXPANDED TRAILER SENSOR DATA
For customers with trailers using cargo sensors, we added three new widgets to the Sensor Summary pane of Asset Details (depending on which sensors you have):
- Brake Chamber: Displays brake chamber and wear so that you will be kept up-to-date with the health of the trailer’s braking system, including an interactive graphical representation of the braking system displaying four braking chambers. When you hover over a chamber in the image, its data will become highlighted in the pane.
- Weight: Provides the weight placed over a trailer asset’s rear axles (in pounds or kilograms), the date and time that value was reported, and the age of the recorded event (such as “Taken 5 minutes ago”).
- Light Out Detection: Shows the 7-way connector data so that you can get an overall view of the condition of a trailer’s lighting system. Each circuit will be labeled with its current state, such as Connected (indicating that the lamp is installed and the circuit is functioning as expected) or Fault (indicating that no lamp is detected). This can help keep you informed if a bulb needs to be replaced or if faulty wiring needs to be repaired.
CONFIGURING BRAKE CHAMBER AND LIGHT OUT NOTIFICATIONS
Also for customers with trailers using cargo sensors, we have added five new notification types:
- Trailer Drag Detection: Alerts you when a trailer’s parking brake is being used but the trailer is in motion.
- Parking Brake Over Pressurized: Notifies you when a trailer’s parking brake chamber pressure reading exceeds 120 psi.
- Parking Brake Pressure Differential: Sends you a notification when one of the trailer’s parking brake chambers has a pressure differential greater than 10 psi from the other three chambers (indicating a possible air line failure or braking system leak).
- Service Brake Pressure Differential: Triggers an alert when one of the trailer’s service brake chambers has a pressure differential greater than 10 psi from the other three (which also could indicate a possible air line failure or braking system leak).
- Light Out Detection: Sends an alert if a trailer’s light circuit isn’t functioning properly, based on the circuit’s detected state of Connected, Fault, or Unknown.
IMPLEMENTED WEX FUEL CARD INTEGRATION
We added support for WEX fuel card integration, so if your organization has drivers using these cards to purchase fuel for your assets, you can monitor both your fuel purchases and usage using the CalAmp application. For information on the reports you can run with fuel card information, go to Integrating a WEX Fuel Card.
We made improvements to several reports:
- We added two new columns to the Device Installation report, Schedule and Route, which will show the names of the schedule and route assigned to a device’s associated asset (if applicable), respectively.
- We added a VIN column to the Asset Summary View report, which will show the asset’s vehicle identification number (if any).
- We changed the Device Communication report so that Asset is not automatically selected for the Asset Type option.