You can delete a geofence if you find your organization no longer needs it or if it was added in error. To do so, follow these steps:
Caution! Make sure that you definitely will not need to use the geofence in the future; there's no undoing a deletion after it's removed from the CalAmp application. If you later discover that you do require a deleted geofence, you'll have to re-create it from scratch (as shown in Adding a Geofence).
- In the Group Chooser, select the group the geofence you want to delete is assigned to. (See Choosing a Group to View Globally for details on how to change your chosen group, if necessary.)
- In the sidebar menu on the left, click .
- Click Geofences on the flyout menu that appears.
The Admin - Geofences screen will appear, display the geofences in your chosen group on the map, and list them in the grid.
- To find the geofence you need to remove, you can sort the Name column, as shown in Sorting and Filtering Column Data, and scroll to it.
- Click the name of the geofence in the grid.
The map will zoom in on it and display its pop-up window.
- Click Edit.
The Edit Geofence dialog box will open.
- Click Delete at the bottom of the dialog box.
WARNING! There is no confirmation dialog box. This will immediately remove the geofence from the CalAmp application.
A success message will appear briefly at the bottom of the screen, informing you that the geofence has been deleted.
Note: Another way to delete a geofence is to click in its row in the grid and then Delete Geofence on the menu that appears. In this case, a confirmation dialog box does appear.
Click Yes, Delete.