To edit the properties of an individual route in your CalAmp account, follow these steps:
Note: Remember, in the CalAmp application, a route isn't a path that a vehicle is assigned to follow (a specific itinerary of stops along a course); rather, a CalAmp route is an attribute you can define to use as a filter (such as snow routes in a certain area).
- In the sidebar menu on the left, click .
- Click Routes on the flyout menu that appears.
The Admin - Routes screen will appear.
- If the route you need to modify is in a subgroup of the one you have selected in the Group Chooser, make sure that View Subgroups is selected at the bottom of the screen.
- In the row of the route, click at the far right. (To find the route, you can sort or filter the Name column, if needed, as shown in Sorting and Filtering Column Data.)
- Click Edit Route.
The Edit Route dialog box will appear.
- To change the name of the route, select the text in the Name field and type the new one.
- If you would like to place the route in a different group, click the Group drop-down arrow and select the new group from the list.
- To edit the description of the route, select the current value in the Description field and type the new text.
- If your organization has created route categories, you can change the route's by clicking the Route Category drop-down arrow and selecting the category the route belongs to.
Note: The categories listed will be those that are available for the group the route is assigned to.
- Normally, you will leave the Route Status field set to Enabled.
Note: If you don't want the route to be used for a temporary period of time, you can click this drop-down arrow and select Disabled or Suspended. Either option will make the route unable to be assigned to a vehicle asset.
- To change whether the route can be applied to subgroups of the group it is assigned to (so the subgroups, or child groups, can inherit the route from the parent group), click Inheritable. (Deselected  means the route can only be associated to vehicles in the same group; selected  means the route is inheritable.)
- Click Done.
Your route edits will appear in the Admin - Routes grid.
Also, a success message will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Click OK to dismiss it. (Or you can wait a few seconds, and it will automatically close.)
Note: To see how to assign the route to a vehicle its attribute applies to, go to Assigning Entities to an Asset.