The Dashboard provides key information about your fleet's overall performance in an at-a-glance view. The Devices tab presents data on your devices' capability to report to CalAmp and whether any assets have no paired LMUs (plus any units that have no associated assets).
By default, the Device Communication and Unpaired Assets & Devices widgets are displayed, but you can configure that by following the steps in Customizing What's Displayed on the Dashboard.
Displaying the Devices Dashboard
To open the Devices Dashboard, follow these steps:
- In the sidebar menu on the left, click . (If your organization has purchased the add-on service CrashBoxx, you'll see a flyout menu, in which you will also have to click Fleet.)
The Dashboard screen will appear and display the Fleet tab, unless you were on the Devices tab previously during this session.
- If necessary, click the Devices tab at the top left of the screen.
The Devices Dashboard will appear.
The Device Communication Widget
The Device Communication widget consists of one tile, Grouped Time Since Last Communication, which shows how many devices in the group you have selected in the Group Chooser haven't reported to CalAmp recently in a bar graph with time increments along the x-axis. The time values will vary, depending on how long it's been since the LMUs (location messaging units) have sent data (up to >60 days or Never, if needed). The y-axis contains numerical values for the number of devices. When you mouse over a bar value, the CalAmp application will display the number of units and percentage of the group's assets it represents.
Above the tile is a link, Device Communication Report, that you can click to open the Device Communication report, which provides a pie chart of time groupings and grid data for when your devices last reported to CalAmp, including device/asset associations, what event was reported, and locations. (See Running a Report for details on how to run a report.)
The Unpaired Assets & Devices Widget
The Unpaired Assets & Devices widget lists which assets have no LMU assigned in the grid on the left and which devices have no associated asset on the right.
The total number of assets without a paired device appears above the left grid, and the total of devices unassigned to assets is above the right grid. To the top right of both grids is a link, View All Devices, that will open the Admin - Devices screen (if your user role has Admin privileges), on which you can see all your LMUs, tags, and other devices. (See Viewing Your Devices for more details.)
Here is a description of the column headers and icon in the Unpaired Assets grid:
- Name: The asset identifier, which is often a number.
- Type: The classification for the asset, such as Vehicle.
- Last Updated: The date and time the asset was last modified.
- : Opens the Edit Asset dialog box for the asset, in which you can add its associated device, if any. (See Editing an Asset.)
The following list explains the column headers in the Unpaired Devices grid:
- Name: The device identifier.
- ESN: The electronic serial number for the unit, which is a unique numeric identifier for a mobile device.
- Addition Date: The date and time the device was added to your CalAmp account.