If you find that you need to reconfigure a service schedule to better keep track of when maintenance is due for its type of asset, you can edit it as follows:
- In the sidebar menu on the left, click .
- Click Maintenance on the flyout menu that appears.
- If necessary, click the Service Schedules tab at the top left. (This will be needed only if you were previously on the Service Items tab during your current CalAmp session.)
The Admin - Maintenance Schedules screen will appear.
- If the service schedule is in a subgroup of the one you have selected in the Group Chooser, make sure that View Subgroups is toggled on at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down to the schedule you need to modify or filter the Name column to find it. (See Sorting and Filtering Column Data if needed.)
- In the row of the service schedule, click at the far right.
- Click Edit Schedule.
The Edit Service Schedule dialog box will appear.
- To change the name of the schedule, select the text in the Name field and type the new one, saying what type of asset this service schedule covers — such as Wheelchair-Accessible Vans or Ford Starcraft.
WARNING: If you change the name, any assets who had the schedule applied will lose their association. After saving your modifications, make sure that you go back to your assets' Edit dialog boxes and reapply the maintenance schedule! (See Assigning a Service Schedule to Assets if needed.)
- If you would like to place the schedule in a different group, click the Group drop-down arrow and select the group from the list.
Note: Make sure that the schedule is assigned to the same group as its service items. Assets must also be in the same group, or in a child group, in order to have the schedule associated with them.
If you would like to be able to apply a service schedule to assets throughout your group structure, you can place it and its service items in your top-level group.
- If the current text in the Description field doesn't describe the maintenance schedule well enough, you can type a more complete explanation of the schedule's purpose (such as "All the services needed for our wheelchair-accessible vans").
- To change (or add) the asset type the schedule applies to, click the Asset Type drop-down arrow and select the type, such as Vehicle.
Note: If you specify an asset type and/or asset category, only assets of that type and/or category will be able to be assigned to the maintenance schedule.
- If your organization has designated categories, you can change (or add) one to limit the assets that can be assigned to the schedule to only those in that category by clicking the Asset Category drop-down arrow and selecting an option such as Light-Duty Truck.
- To add another service item, click the Add Service drop-down arrow and select the item's name.
Note: The service items listed will be those that are available for the group to which you have assigned the schedule. (See Adding a Service Item for details on creating a new item.)
The item will appear in the Add Service area.
- Repeat step 13 for all the service items you want to add to the service schedule.
- To remove a service item, click to the right of its name in the Add Service list.
- Repeat step 15 for all the service items you want to remove from the maintenance schedule.
- Click Done.
Your schedule edits will appear in the grid, and a success message will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Click OK to dismiss it. (Or you can wait a few seconds, and it will automatically close.)