If you have administrator rights, you can audit changes that have been made to your roles, including when they were created and last updated, what user made the changes, and what attributes were affected. To do so, follow these steps:
Note: Audit information will be available for edits made in legacy iOn as well, but only if they were made in and after June 2020, when the audit feature was added.
- In the sidebar menu on the left, click .
- Click Roles on the flyout menu that appears.
The Admin - Roles screen will appear.
- If the role whose modifications you need to audit is in a subgroup of the one you have selected in the Group Chooser, make sure that View Subgroups is selected at the bottom of the screen.
Note: Step 3 shouldn't be necessary, as roles are primarily created to be used throughout the CalAmp application and are best assigned to your top-level group (and set to be inheritable).
- In the row of the role, click at the far right. (To find the role, you can sort or filter the Name column, if needed, as shown in Sorting and Filtering Column Data.)
The menu options will vary, depending on whether you have rights to edit and delete the role. (Regardless, the View Audit Log item will be available.)
- Click View Audit Log.
The Audit Log: Role dialog box will appear.
The audit data will be listed by the date of the changes, with the most recent on top. You can see who made each individual edit in the User Name column, what attribute type they modified, and the value they specified.
- You can scroll down the list to check every update that has been made to the role.
- To exit the window, click at the top left.