To delete a role in your CalAmp account, follow these steps:
Caution: The CalAmp application comes prepackaged with two roles — Admin and User. You won't be able to delete those. You can only delete roles you created yourself.
- In the sidebar menu on the left, click .
- Click Roles on the flyout menu that appears.
The Admin - Roles screen will appear.
- If the role you need to delete is in a subgroup of the one you have selected in the Group Chooser, make sure that View Subgroups is selected at the bottom of the screen.
Note: Step 3 shouldn't be necessary, as roles are primarily created to be used throughout the CalAmp application and are best assigned to your top-level group (and set to be inheritable).
- In the row of the role, click at the far right. (To find the role, you can sort or filter the Name column, if needed, as shown in Sorting and Filtering Column Data.)
Caution: As mentioned earlier, you cannot delete the default roles (Admin and User), which is indicated by the Delete Role option on this menu being grayed out. Also, roles you created yourself, which you can delete, won't be removable if a user is assigned to them (although the option won't be grayed out — you'll just receive an error when you try to confirm the deletion).
If the first menu item is View Role instead of Edit Role, that will indicate you don't have rights to change (or remove) the role.
- Click Delete Role.
A warning dialog box will be displayed.
- Click Yes, Delete.
Note: Again, if users are assigned to the role, you'll receive an error. Check the Admin - Users screen to see if someone belongs to the role. If so, and you absolutely need to stop using the role throughout your organization, reassign its users to different roles and then log out of the CalAmp application. After you log back in, you should be able to delete the role.
The role will no longer appear in the Admin - Roles grid, and a success message will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Click OK to dismiss it. (Or you can wait a few seconds, and it will automatically close.)