To add an individual user to your iOn account, follow these steps:
Warning: In the beta of new iOn, you cannot add new users who can use the preview version. We are still tightly controlling who has access; if you need to grant new iOn privileges to new users, contact your customer success manager. The steps below will be how you can add a user yourself after the feature is enabled.
Note: If you would like to add several users at once, you can import their data. See Importing Users for the steps to do so.
- In the sidebar menu on the left, click .
- Click Users on the flyout menu that appears.
The Admin - Users screen will appear.
- Click Add New at the top right of the screen.
The Add User dialog box will appear.
- In the Username field, type the username the new user will log in to iOn with.
Note: We recommend using your corporate email addresses for all your users' login names — but just the portion prior to @.
- Type the user's email address in the E-mail Address field.
- Click the Group drop-down arrow and select the highest-level group the user can access. If you select a parent group, the user will also be able to view all its child groups.
Alternatively, you can leave this at the default selection, which is the group you currently have selected in the Group Chooser.
- Click the Role drop-down arrow and select the user's role.
Note: Roles control which screens the user can view and change. See Viewing Your Roles for more information.
- In the First Name and Last Name fields, type the user's first and last names, respectively.
- Leave the User Status field at its default value of Enabled.
Note: The Disabled and Suspended options will make the user unable to log in to iOn (for example, for account misuse), but this won't likely be necessary when you are adding a new account holder.
- Usually, you will leave the End Date field blank. If you are adding an employee who should have only temporary access to iOn (such as an intern or temp), instead click the calendar picker and choose a date to end their login privileges.
Note: You may have noticed that there is no Password field in the Add User dialog box. This is because you do not designate a password for the new user; the system will assign them a temporary one that they will be asked to change when they first log in to iOn.
- Click Done.
The new user's name and other details will appear in the Admin - Users list, and they'll be emailed instructions for logging in to the iOn site. Also, a success message will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Click OK to dismiss it. (Or you can wait a few seconds, and it will automatically close.)