Warning: You will likely not be able to delete a group, as the Admin role in its default state does not have the privileges to do so. This is because removing groups can have dire consequences. Any asset (or any other entity) assigned to a deleted group will be deleted as well, so suddenly its data will become inaccessible, as it is tied in the database to its group.
If you must delete a group, contact your customer success manager (CSM) or Customer Support (email@example.com) and request that they make the deletion.
If you are a long-time, extremely well-versed Admin user, you can also request that they create a new role for you (or adjust your version of the Admin role) that does have the rights to delete groups. But this is not recommended.
If you have been granted rights to delete groups by a CalAmp employee, you can delete a group as follows:
Warning: Before you delete a group, make sure that you reassign ALL assets, drivers, users, routes, and any other CalAmp entities that belong to it to a different group. If you don't, you will find that those entities will be deleted as well!
- In the sidebar menu on the left, click .
- Click Groups on the flyout menu that appears.
The Admin - Groups screen will appear.
- If the group you need to delete is further down the hierarchy of subgroups of the group you have selected in the Group Chooser, make sure that View Subgroups is selected at the bottom of the screen. (If this is not selected, just its immediate child groups will be displayed.)
- Scroll down to the group or filter the Group Name column to find it. (See Sorting and Filtering Column Data if needed.)
- In the row of the group, click at the far right.
- Click Delete Group.
A warning dialog box will be displayed.
Warning: Again, be absolutely certain that you've reassigned any assets, users, or other entities that belonged to the group to a different group before proceeding; if you don't, those assets will be deleted along with the group!
- Click Yes, Delete.
A success message will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Click OK to dismiss it. (Or you can wait a few seconds, and it will automatically close.)