When you view your user profile, you can update some basic account settings and change your preferences for the group and CalAmp application screen you view when you launch the site, your language setting, your time zone, which level of pop-up notifications you will allow to be displayed, whether grid pages save customizations, your default unit of measure, and other features. To do so, follow these steps:
- From any CalAmp application screen, in the banner, click the text of your username (or the profile icon with your initials), which looks like this: .
An options menu will appear.
- Click My Profile.
The My Profile dialog box will appear.
Note: To change your startup screen or other viewing settings, you can skip down to the section "Changing Your Preferences" (and step 7).
Changing Your Profile Settings
- To change your username, select the text in the Username field and type the new one.
- To change your email, select the current one in the E-mail Address field and type your new address.
Note: You won't be able to change the Group or Role values (your assigned asset group and role, which determines the screens you can view and modify). If you need these to be updated, contact your organization's CalAmp application administrator.
- To change your first or last name, select the text in the First Name or Last Name field and type your new name.
- To change your password, follow the steps in Changing Your Password When Logged In.
Changing Your Preferences
- Scroll down to the Preferences section of the My Profile dialog box.
- If your assigned group has subgroups and you'd prefer to see one of those by default after logging in, you can click the Default Group drop-down arrow and select the subgroup name.
Note: If you need to track another group's assets altogether, you'll need to contact your organization's software administrator and request the group assignment.
If you have previously changed your starting group and want to return to your assigned group, you can click Reset to Default (Assigned Group Name).
- To change the screen that launches when you first log in (which by default is Tracking), click the Default Landing Page drop-down arrow and select your preferred startup screen.
As with the Default Group setting, if you have changed your landing screen in the past and now want to launch Tracking on login, you can click Reset to Default (Tracking).
- To change the measurement standard used for tracking assets, click the Units of Measure drop-down arrow and select either Imperial (for miles) or Metric (for kilometers).
Note: The Use Group Default option will use whatever standard was set for the group you are viewing when it was created.
- To use a different language for the CalAmp application than the one your group is set to, click the Default Language drop-down arrow and select from these options: English, English (United Kingdom), Italian, and Japanese.
Note: You can select Use Group Default Language to return to using your group's language setting, which is defined in the Add/Edit Group dialog box (by default, the user's web browser's specified language).
- You can change your time zone by clicking the Time Zone drop-down arrow and selecting the time zone you would like to use. (You may need to scroll down to find yours.)
Note: By default, this uses whatever time zone your group is set to, which is often your browser's time zone.
- You can change the format you use for dates in the CalAmp application by clicking the Date Format drop-down arrow and selecting MM/DD/YYYY (for the month first, such as 11/25/2023 for November 25 of 2023) or DD/MM/YYYY (for the day first, such as 25/11/2023).
Note: Fallback to Group Setting uses your current group's setting.
- You can change the format you use for time values by clicking the Time Format drop-down arrow and selecting AM/PM (for a 12-hour clock, plus "a.m." and "p.m.") or 24 Hour (for 24-hour clock values, like military time).
Note: Again, Fallback to Group Setting uses your current group's setting.
- You can change whether notification pop-ups will be displayed for you using the check boxes in the Show Notification Pop-up area. Deselect the pop-ups you don't want to see by level of severity (and if you've previously turned some off and now want them back on, select those). ( means selected, and deselected.)
Caution: Your software administrator may have disabled your choice in this matter at the group level for Urgent alerts. There is a setting in the Add/Edit Group dialog box that requires Urgent notifications to have pop-ups appear and be acknowledged. If this is the case for your group, the Show Notification Pop-up toggle will be grayed out but selected, and you won't be able to deselect Urgent.
Otherwise, you can deselect all of the alert pop-ups by disabling the toggle to the far right of "Show Notification Pop-up." ( means enabled, and disabled.)
- To have the CalAmp application save the changes you make to all the grid screens (such as displaying additional columns and in a different order — see Customizing Displayed Columns for details), select the Automatically Save Grid Settings toggle. ( means selected, and deselected.)
- Click Done.
Note: If you've changed your username, when you interact with the site again, you'll be prompted to log back in (with a "Your Session Has Expired" message).