An iOn landmark is an area of interest to your organization, such as a job site or an unsafe road you want to designate as off-limits. You draw geofences around your landmarks, which are geocoded boundaries on the map that our devices use to inform the system of asset arrivals and departures in the area (the iOn geofence events).
This article describes the various features of the Admin - Landmarks/Geofences screen, which you access by clicking>> Admin >> Landmarks/Geofences. The Admin - Landmarks/Geofences screen is where your organization's iOn administrator will manage your landmarks, including adding, editing, and deleting them.
Note: Do not confuse the Admin - Landmarks/Geofences screen with the Geofence Events screen, which you access by clicking>> Geofence Events. The Geofence Events screen is where you can view and acknowledge the Entered and Exited geofence events your organization has received. (See Navigating the Geofence Events Screen.)
If your default iOn group is your organization's top-level group, the Admin - Landmarks/Geofences screen might show only a few landmarks when you open it, or even perhaps none. If that is the case, select Include Subgroups at the bottom of the screen. By default, your landmarks are listed by name in ascending order (from A to Z for words, or from lowest to highest for numbers).
Note: For information about the banner at the top and accordion menu on the left (which you open by clicking ), see Navigating the iOn Site.
Here is an explanation of the grid icons and column headers:
- Group: The name of the fleet group the landmark belongs to.
- Name: The landmark identifier, such as Park Lift Station.
- Type: Whether the landmark is being monitored for assets entering or exiting it. Other options are Both, which means geofence events will be sent to iOn for both arrivals and departures, and None (Landmark Only), which is for a landmark you need to have on the map but don't need to monitor for entrances and exits.
- Category: The grouping to which you've assigned the landmark, such as Work Site or Prohibited Zone (if your organization has designated categories).
- Status: The landmark's current state in the database, such as Enabled.
Note: If the landmark is set to Disabled or Suspended, it won't set off Entered or Exited geofence events.
- Actions: Functions you can perform for the landmark on this screen.
- : Opens the Edit window for the landmark, in which you can modify its settings. (See Editing a Landmark for details.)
- : Deletes the landmark. (See Deleting a Landmark for details.)
These are the options along the bottom of the screen:
- Select Columns: Enables you to add or remove columns. (See Customizing the Grid Layout for details.)
- Clear Filters: If you have applied filters to any columns (see Sorting and Filtering Column Data), removes them. Note that this is necessary before you can apply any subsequent filters for a column.
- Clear Sort: If you have sorted the data in a column (see Sorting and Filtering Column Data), removes the sort.
- Export to CSV: Exports and downloads the grid data to a CSV (comma-separated value) file.
- Include Subgroups: Displays the landmarks of the subgroups (if any) of the group you have selected in the Group Chooser. (See Choosing a Group to View Globally for details on how to change the group each screen will display the data for upon launch.)
- Add: Begins the process of adding a landmark to your iOn account. (See Adding a Landmark for details.)
- Edit: Opens the Edit window for the selected landmark, in which you can modify its settings. If you select multiple landmarks prior to clicking Edit, you can modify only common fields for them. (See Editing a Landmark for details.)
- Delete: Removes the selected landmarks from the system. (See Deleting a Landmark for details.)
- Refresh: Refreshes the data on the screen (which can be especially useful if other users are making changes).
Just below the grid are icons that enable you to navigate through the pages of data, if needed. See Paging Options for an explanation of these.