Are you switching from our original iOn software (which we're now calling legacy iOn), to our new iOn platform? Are you wondering what the new site has to offer? Well, wonder no more, as this article is designed to give you a quick overview of what's in store for you as you embark on your new iOn adventure.
Our new iOn software has taken the best-loved features of legacy iOn and improved on them to create an unparalleled new user experience, based on customer feedback and design research. You'll find that the new site is easier to use, faster, and offers unique fleet solutions such as iOn Tags and iOn Vision. Here are just a few of the key benefits of the new site:
- Streamlined interface: The new site's visual, intuitive user experience makes it easy to learn and use, so you'll spend less time evaluating your telematics data — you'll quickly gather the information you need to manage your drivers, vehicles, and other assets.
- Data at your fingertips: The new iOn experience is specifically designed to provide full visibility into your operations with reliable tools and data insights to handle your day-to-day business needs and offer quick resolutions for any concerns.
- Simplified workflow: Our new iOn platform provides you with a single point of reference to track your assets and the ability to customize your views to best serve your needs.
- Improved mobile design: The new user experience expands on iOn's ability to be used via a cellular interface — so you'll be able to seamlessly manage your assets across all your devices.
- Progressive web apps (PWA): Our all-new iOn uses PWA technology, which combines the best features of web and mobile apps, to create a website that offers the ease of use of an app along with the performance and efficiency of a responsive web application.
The new iOn site also includes integration with the following unique Cal/Amp offerings:
- iOn Tags: An iOn Tag is a smart proximity sensor you can attach to equipment so that it can be associated to a particular vehicle — the goal being making sure that all the right tools are on the right vehicle. If a tagged item is left behind at a worksite or otherwise lost, iOn will be able to identify its last-known location (based on the GPS data from its assigned vehicle's LMU and when the tag was last in proximity to it) and alert you so that you can find it quickly.
- iOn Vision: iOn Vision is a video telematics solution that includes a self-install camera in your vehicles that will return video files to iOn that you can view within the software. This helps you accurately assess driver behavior, which can help improve driving efficiency and mitigate liabilities.