An iOn schedule is a plan of the specific days of the week and hours of those days designated for an entity's use. For operators and assets, an applied schedule would be the time you expect them to be driving/in operation. If a schedule is assigned to an alert, the alert will be triggered only during the apportioned hours — for example, you can create a schedule from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and associate it with an excessive idling alert if you want to be notified about overidling only during the workday. (Also, you can select for an alert to be triggered any time outside the applied scheduled, such as if you want to be notified if a driver is using a vehicle beyond their approved work hours.)
This article describes the various features of the Admin - Schedules screen, which you access by clicking >> Admin >> Schedules. The Admin - Schedules screen is where your organization's iOn administrator will add new schedules and edit or delete existing ones. After you create a schedule, you can associate it to an entity its time frame applies to.
Note: Be aware that schedules don't do anything by themselves; they must be assigned to an alert, operator, or asset to fulfill their function.
If your default iOn group is your organization's top-level group, the Admin - Schedules screen might be blank when you open it. If that is the case, select Include Subgroups at the bottom of the screen to see your schedules.
Note: For information about the banner at the top and accordion menu on the left (which you open by clicking ), see Navigating the iOn Site.
Here is an explanation of the grid icons and column headers:
- Group: The name of the fleet group the schedule belongs to.
- Name: The schedule identifier, which should be a simple name for its time span, such as Weekdays.
- Description: An explanation of the time range the schedule covers, such as "Work hours only - 9 a.m. to 5 p.m."
- Configurations: The number of configurations the schedule has, which are different time spans per day it includes.
- Inheritable: Whether the schedule can also be applied to entities in subgroups of the group it is assigned to (so the subgroups, or child groups, can inherit the schedule from the parent group).
- Status: The schedule's current state in the database, such as Enabled.
Note: Future plans include being able to set a schedule to Disabled or Suspended and then not allow it to be associated with an entity; however, this feature isn't currently working.
- Actions: Functions you can perform for the schedule on this screen.
- : Opens the Edit window for the schedule, in which you can modify its settings. (See Editing a Schedule for details.)
- : Begins the process of duplicating the schedule, which is a quick way to add a schedule with properties that are similar to another one. (See Adding a Schedule for details.)
- : Opens the Audit window, in which you can see what edits have been made to the schedule's data and by whom. (See Auditing Changes Made to a Schedule for details.)
- : Deletes the schedule. (See Deleting a Schedule for details.)
These are the options along the bottom of the screen:
- Select Columns: Enables you to add or remove columns. (See Customizing the Grid Layout for details.)
- Clear Filters: If you have applied filters to any columns (see Sorting and Filtering Column Data), removes them. Note that this is necessary before you can apply any subsequent filters for a column.
- Clear Sort: If you have sorted the data in a column (see Sorting and Filtering Column Data), removes the sort.
- Export to CSV: Exports and downloads the grid data to a CSV (comma-separated value) file.
- Include Subgroups: Displays the schedules of the subgroups (if any) of the group you have selected in the Group Chooser. (See Choosing a Group to View Globally for details on how to change the group each screen will display the data for upon launch.)
- Add: Begins the process of adding an individual schedule to your iOn account. (See Adding a Schedule for details.)
- Edit: Opens the Edit window for the selected schedule, in which you can modify its settings. If you select multiple schedules prior to clicking Edit, you can modify only common fields for them. (See Editing a Schedule for details.)
- Delete: Removes the selected schedules from the system. (See Deleting a Schedule for details.)
- Refresh: Refreshes the data on the screen (which can be especially useful if other users are making changes).
Just below the grid are icons that enable you to navigate through the pages of data, if needed. See Paging Options for an explanation of these.