Using the iOn Maintenance module, you can keep track of when maintenance is due for your assets, via service schedules you can configure to your needs. Service schedules are designed for a particular type of vehicle, such as a light-duty truck or, even more specifically, a make and model, such as a Mack TerraPro, and include all the individual repairs and other vehicle upkeep tasks required for it. After the first four steps of creating a schedule are completed (as listed in The Process of Creating a Service Schedule), you must assign the schedule to each individual asset whose maintenance you want to be tracked.
WARNING: If you do NOT assign a service schedule to your assets, the schedule will do nothing except exist.
To assign a service schedule to your assets, follow these steps:
- Click >> Admin >> Assets.
The Admin - Assets screen will appear and display the Manage Assets list.
- If the assets are in a subgroup of the one you have selected in the Group Chooser, click Include Subgroups at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the check box in the row of each asset you want to assign the maintenance schedule to.
- After they are all selected, clickat the bottom of the screen.
The Updating X Assets dialog box will appear.
Warning: There is a known bug that will cause the current group assignment to be shown as whatever you have selected in the Group Chooser. If you ignore this and save in step 7, you will be reassigning your assets to that group. Until this bug is fixed, you'll need to perform step 5.
- To preserve the assets' group assignment, click the Group drop-down arrow and select the group to which they are currently assigned.
- Click the Maintenance Schedule drop-down arrow and select the name of the service schedule you want to assign the assets to.
Note: The available maintenance schedules will be those that are assigned to the same group the assets are or a parent group. If you don't see the schedule you want to assign, it may be because the asset type or category of a selected asset doesn't match the specified one in the service schedule's settings. (If you need to change the schedule, see Editing a Service Schedule.)
- Click Save.
The Asset Updates Complete dialog box will appear and state how many assets you successfully edited.
- Click Close.