An iOn user is anyone in your organization you have given an account; therefore, they can use the iOn software and access your data. This article describes the various features of the Admin - Users screen, which you access by clicking >> Admin >> Users. The Admin - Users screen is where your organization's iOn administrator will add new users (either individually or in bulk using the import feature) and edit or delete existing ones. After you create a user, they will be emailed instructions for logging in to the iOn site.
If your default iOn group is your organization's top-level group, the Admin - Users screen might be blank when you open it. If that is the case, select Include Subgroups at the bottom of the screen. By default, your users are listed by username in ascending order (from A to Z).
Note: For information about the banner at the top and accordion menu on the left (which you open by clicking ), see Navigating the iOn Site.
Here is an explanation of the grid icons and column headers:
- Group: The name of the fleet group the user belongs to.
- Username: The user's iOn login name.
Note: We recommend using your corporate email addresses for all your users' login names — perhaps just the portion prior to @.
- First Name: The user's first name, as entered when their profile was created or last modified.
- Last Name: The user's last name.
- Role: The role assigned to the user, such as User or Admin, which determines their privileges in your account.
Note: Roles control which screens the user can view and change. See Navigating the Admin - Roles Screen for more information.
- Email: The user's email address, to which login details and other iOn communication will be sent.
- Status: The user's current state in the database, such as Enabled.
Note: If the Status is set to Disabled or Suspended, the user won't be unable to log in to iOn.
- Actions: Functions you can perform for the user on this screen.
- : Opens the Edit window for the user, in which you can modify their profile settings. (See Updating a User's Profile for details.)
- : Opens the Audit window, in which you can see what edits have been made to the user's data and by whom. (See Auditing Changes Made to a User's Profile for details.)
- : Deletes the user. (See Deleting a User for details.)
These are the options along the bottom of the screen:
- Select Columns: Enables you to add or remove columns. (See Customizing the Grid Layout for details.)
- Clear Filters: If you have applied filters to any columns (see Sorting and Filtering Column Data), removes them. Note that this is necessary before you can apply any subsequent filters for a column.
- Clear Sort: If you have sorted the data in a column (see Sorting and Filtering Column Data), removes the sort.
- Export to CSV: Exports and downloads the grid data to a CSV (comma-separated value) file.
- Include Subgroups: Displays the users of the subgroups (if any) of the group you have selected in the Group Chooser. (See Choosing a Group to View Globally for details on how to change the group each screen will display the data for upon launch.)
- Import Users: Begins the process of adding multiple users to your iOn account. (See Importing Users for details.)
- Add User: Begins the process of adding an individual user to your iOn account. (See Adding a User for details.)
- Edit: Opens the Edit window for the selected user, in which you can modify their profile settings. If you select multiple users prior to clicking Edit, you can modify only common fields for them. (See Updating a User's Profile for details.)
- Delete: Removes the selected users from the system. (See Deleting a User for details.)
- Refresh: Refreshes the data on the screen (which can be especially useful if other users are making changes).
Just below the grid are icons that enable you to navigate through the pages of data, if needed. See Paging Options for an explanation of these.