To edit an individual operator's profile, follow these steps:
Note: To edit several operators' profiles at once, follow the steps in Importing Operators, uploading a new operators.xlsx file with the same operator names. (The newly imported file will overwrite your earlier information.)
For an explanation of the features of the Admin - Operators screen, go to Navigating the Admin - Operators Screen.
- Click >> Admin >> Operators.
The Admin - Operators screen will appear and display the Manage Operators list.
- If the operator is in a subgroup of the one you have selected in the Group Chooser, click Include Subgroups at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down to the operator whose profile you need to modify or filter the First Name or Last Name column to find them. (See Sorting and Filtering Column Data if needed.)
- In the row of the operator, click under Actions.
Note: Alternatively, you can select the operator's check box and then click at the bottom of the screen. You actually can edit multiple operator profiles this way (by selecting all of their check boxes before clicking ), but you can only edit fields they have in common, such as their group assignment or operator category.
The Edit Operator Name dialog box will appear.
- To change the driver's first name, select the text in the First Name field and type the new one.
- To change their last name, select the text in the Last Name field and type the new one.
- If your organization uses aliases as a secondary identifier for your drivers, you can add one for this operator by typing it in the Alias field (or replace their current one by selecting the text and then entering the new value).
- If you would like to place the operator in a different group, click the Group drop-down arrow and select the new group from the list.
Note: If you would like to search for the group, you can click to the right of the current group's name, type your search criteria, and then choose from the drop-down list.
- To update the driver's badge number (such as their employee ID or RFID number), select the value in the Badge field and enter the new one.
- Normally, you will leave the Status field set to Enabled.
Note: If the driver has been suspended for employee infractions, you can click this drop-down arrow and select Disabled or Suspended. Either option will make the operator unable to be assigned to a vehicle asset.
- You can modify the operator's type by clicking the Operator Type drop-down arrow and selecting their new type.
- If your organization has created operator categories, you can change theirs by clicking the Operator Category drop-down arrow and selecting the category the operator belongs to, such as Driver.
Note: The categories listed will be those that are available for the group the operator is assigned to.
- To edit the driver's cell phone number, select the current value in the Phone Number (Mobile) field and type their new number.
- If the operator has a specified set of days and hours they are supposed to work, click the Schedule drop-down arrow and select the name of the schedule.
Note: This feature is designed to work in coordination with the Unauthorized Usage reports, which show when operators drove vehicles in a time window that was not permitted (for example, outside of their assigned schedule of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.). You can also set up an alert that will notify you of such prohibited use by applying the operator's schedule to the alert and selecting Outside Schedule in the Schedule Reference drop-down list, which will trigger the notification when the specified event occurs at any time that is not included in the approved work hours. (See Adding an Alert for details.)
You will only be able to apply schedules in the same group as the operator (or a schedule from a parent group that is inheritable).
You can remove a currently assigned schedule by clicking to the right of the schedule name.
- Click Save.
Your edits will appear in the Manage Operators grid.
Note: To see how to assign the operator to the vehicle they drive most often, go to Assigning an Operator and a Route to an Asset.