To add an individual operator to your iOn account, follow these steps:
- Click >> Admin >> Operators.
The Admin - Operators screen will appear and display the Manage Operators list.
- Click Add Operator at the bottom of the screen.
The Add Operator dialog box will appear.
- Type the driver's first name in the First Name field.
- Type their last name in the Last Name field.
- If your organization uses aliases as a secondary identifier for your drivers, type the one for this operator in the Alias field.
By default, the group you currently have selected in the Group Chooser will be set for the group to assign the operator to.
- If you would like to place them in a different group, click the Group drop-down arrow and select the group from the list.
- Type the driver's badge number (such as their employee ID or RFID number) in the Badge field.
- Leave the Status field at its default value of Enabled.
Note: The Disabled and Suspended options will make the operator unable to be assigned to a vehicle asset, but this won't likely be necessary when you are adding a new driver.
- If needed, click the Operator Type drop-down arrow and select their type.
Note: The types listed will be those that are available for the group you have placed the operator in.
- If your organization has created operator categories, click the Operator Category drop-down arrow and select the category the operator belongs to, such as Driver.
Note: As with types, the categories listed will be those that are available for the operator's group.
- Type the driver's cell phone number in the Phone Number (Mobile) field.
- If the operator has a specified set of days and hours they are supposed to work, click the Schedule drop-down arrow and select the name of the schedule.
Note: This feature is designed to work in coordination with the Unauthorized Usage reports, which show when operators drove vehicles in a time window that was not permitted (for example, outside of their assigned schedule of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.). You can also set up an alert that will notify you of such prohibited use by applying the operator's schedule to the alert and selecting Outside Schedule in the Schedule Reference drop-down list, which will trigger the notification when the specified event occurs at any time that is not included in the approved work hours. (See Adding an Alert for details.)
You will only be able to apply schedules in the same group as the operator (or a schedule from a parent group that is inheritable).
- Click Save.
Your new operator will appear in the Manage Operators list.
Note: To see how to assign the operator to the vehicle they drive most often, go to Assigning an Operator and a Route to an Asset.