You can filter your Tracking screen results to show only assets with certain assigned types, categories, or routes, as follows:
- Click >> Tracking.
The Tracking screen will open.
By default, it displays the locations of the assets of your currently selected group in the banner's Group Chooser. If those are the vehicles you wanted to track, you can skip down to step 4 to limit the results by type, route, or category.
Note: See Choosing a Group to View Globally for details on how to change the group each screen will display the data for upon launch, although this isn't necessary to track a different group's assets.
- If you would like to track a different group or a single asset, click in the left toolbar.
The Groups selector tree will appear.
- To select a new group, deselect the current one (if it's the parent group, click the top check box to deselect all the child groups) and then select the check box of the group you want to track.
If it's a subgroup you need, first click the expansion arrow to the left of the name of the fleet group containing it and then select the subgroup's check box.
If you want to track a single asset, follow these steps:
- Expand the group it's in.
Initially, the More Options () icon will be shown.
- Click to display the first 100 assets in the group. (If you are looking for an asset beyond that, you can click again [and so on] to continue loading vehicles until you find the one you need.)
- Select the check box to the left of the asset's name.
Note: Alternatively, you can select a single vehicle by typing part of its name in the Search Groups & Assets by Name box (and wait a second). All assets whose identifiers match your criteria will appear in a drop-down list. Select the vehicle from the list.
- Expand the group it's in.
- Click at the top right of the Groups tree panel to display this menu:
- Click Types, Categories, or Routes (depending on how you want to filter your Tracking results).
The Filter By list for your selection will appear.
- Click the check boxes to the right of the types, categories, or routes you want to track. You can select multiple check boxes on one panel. ( means selected, and deselected.)
- Repeat steps 4 through 6 for all the types, categories, and routes you need to see.
- As soon as you select your filter, the assets on the map and the grid tracking information will be limited to just those kinds of results.
Note: By default, labels will appear on the map with the assets' names, and the assets will be clustered, which means that multiple assets in the same area will appear as a group with a number, such as , instead of individually with their own labels. These options are set with the following selectors at the bottom of the Groups tree panel:
To turn off the labels or clustering, deselect Labels or Clustering.
To make the panel disappear, click anywhere outside it (or click ).
Tracking will automatically watch the assets in real time, tracking their most recent activity and reporting their current GPS events.
See Tracking a Group or Asset for a description of the grid column headings, Asset Details pane, and asset pop-up.
See Customizing the Grid Layout for details on how to customize what is displayed in the asset results grid, including adding or removing columns and rearranging where they are onscreen. See Sorting and Filtering Column Data for information on how to sort and filter the grid.
Note: If you want to make the map bigger, you can click on the left toolbar, which will make the results grid disappear. Click again to restore the map/grid view.
If you'd like to make the results grid bigger, you can click to hide the map. Click again to restore the map/grid view.
You can click to hide the Asset Details pane to have the map and grid take over that screen real estate (and can click it again to restore the pane).
See Navigating the Tracking Screen's Map for an explanation of the map icons at the top left and right and other map features.